Sunday, May 25, 2008

the new chronicles of narnia

I saw the new Chronicles of Narnia, Prince Caspian. And to tell you the truth, even though I didn't really want to go at the time, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was a bit skeptical to go just because I really wanted to see the new Indiana Jones movie, and of course Mike wanted to see something else...


...okay, im sorry, i have to add a side note here. i hate capitalizing and adding apostrophes when i type, so im not going to anymore. i have no reason to, im not being graded on this. so yeah, back to my story...


well i was a little hesitant to go see Narnia, especially since it had been a while since i saw the first one. im a little weird when it comes to seeing sequels. i want to be completely caught up before i see the next one so im not trying to remember what happened before while trying to watch something new.


for being (relatively) a kid movie, it was darker than i expected. there were a few fight scenes and people getting killed, which surprised me. i enjoyed the story line; i was totally caught up in it and wanted more. the cool thing was that mike and i were the only ones in the theater (we saw it at 945 in the morning), so we were able to talk about it and ask questions without having to whisper.


i think i enjoyed it even more because since i was a kid i have become completely enthralled with fairy-tale like stories. they always made me jealous because i wanted to be one of the characters being swept away from the ordinary world. even when i got home i fell asleep, and had somewhat of a narnia-esque type of dream, and kept going back to sleep to see where it would take me (hence my status on myspace). the story that i wanted to happen to me the most was the nutcracker. i wanted to be the girl that had all the cool fantasy-like things happen... i guess i still do.




so all in all, narnia was great, i give it 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, go see it.

No comments: